Secondary Math Teacher
Lincoln Christian School is seeking a Secondary Math Teacher.
The candidate must be a follower of Jesus Christ who aligns with, and fully supports the school’s Core Values, Statement of Faith, and Mission. The candidate shall be relationship-centered, a great communicator, a team player and experienced in current teaching methods. This position is full-time with benefits. A qualified candidate will have a certification in Secondary Math, enthusiasm for working with kids, expertise in current teaching methods, and most importantly a love for the Lord. Experience is preferred, but not required.
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and application of mathematical concepts from the biblical perspective with a strong emphasis on application of biblical truth into the life of each student.
- Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments, and quizzes.
- Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning. Maintaining order in the classroom, teaching students to respect authority as well as respecting other students in the school. When necessary, the teacher should involve the principal, guidance counselor, and especially the parents.
- Grading assignments and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Invigilating quizzes and final examinations.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Attending meetings with parents and staff.
- Establishes and maintains positive relations with each member of the staff and demonstrates a sincere desire to work with others to provide a team effort in working with the students.
- Shall carry out additional responsibilities assigned by the principal and superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree in education with a specialization in mathematics, or equivalent for the State of Nebraska.
- Proven experience as a Math Teacher.
- A thorough understanding of best practices in teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should complete an application by clicking the red “apply now” button on the right.